:: Re: [DNG] IPv6 slow on one of my Li…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: Michael S. Keller via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] IPv6 slow on one of my Linux hosts
On Fri, Nov 10, 2023 at 08:20:34AM -0600, Michael S. Keller via Dng wrote:
> I did not have the opportunity to use the onboard NIC for this
> point-to-point test, but with the USB network adapter, I saw no slowdowns on
> a point-to-point link, while I did when it was connected to my greater home
> network.

Can you rule out the ethernet cable and the port on the switch the
host is connected to? Do other machines have the same issue with the
same ethernet cable or port? Can you try another ethernet cable and
another port with the host having the problem?

> I saw no sign in syslog of an address conflict.

Is the gateway which assigns IPv6 addresses to your network able to do
some sort of logging? If yes, anything there regarding IPv6 for this
client which doesn't show up for other clients?

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1