:: [DNG] Internet connectivity issues …
Top Pagina
Auteur: o1bigtenor
Aan: Devuan ML
Onderwerp: [DNG] Internet connectivity issues and browsers
Greetings

A few days ago I had a strange problem show up.
I use firefox-esr for most of my browser work (have far too many
windows and on some of those (very few) a plethora of tabs). Also have
another 4 browsers that are used for a minimal amount of pages (they
don't play nice on a reboot!).

I was using a program called 'Libby' to read a book whilst I was eating lunch.
Page freezes and firefox-esr is totally unresponsive.
Try some other tabs (ones I use a lot) to see if I could get connectivity.
Nothing wants to connect just see various bluto graphics to tell you
that its hunting a connection.
(Tried likely 1/2 dozen different tabs just in case it was the other
end that was the issue.)
Checked with each of the other 4 browsers and each one could connect
to at least one outside site and 'work'.
After about 23 or 24 minutes firefox-esr is now connecting again.

Called my ISP but all I'm allowed to talk to are level 1 techs so they
had never even heard of
something like this. They emailed level 2 but I haven't heard anything
in some 3 days so my guess
is that they think I'm just a crank. (I think their support model is
appropriate for a kindergarten.)

Is there anyone out there that has any idea what might have caused my
service interruption?

TIA