:: Re: [DNG] Internet connectivity iss…
Top Pagina
Auteur: o1bigtenor
Aan: tempforever
CC: Devuan ML
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Internet connectivity issues and browsers
On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 6:44 PM tempforever <dev1@???> wrote:

> o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> > I was using a program called 'Libby' to read a book whilst I was eating lunch.
> > Page freezes and firefox-esr is totally unresponsive.
> > Try some other tabs (ones I use a lot) to see if I could get connectivity.
> > Nothing wants to connect just see various bluto graphics to tell you
> > that its hunting a connection.
> > (Tried likely 1/2 dozen different tabs just in case it was the other
> > end that was the issue.)
> > Checked with each of the other 4 browsers and each one could connect
> > to at least one outside site and 'work'.
> > After about 23 or 24 minutes firefox-esr is now connecting again.
> >
> > Is there anyone out there that has any idea what might have caused my
> > service interruption?
> >

> Kind of a shot-in-the-dark, but do you have DNS over HTTPS enabled in
> firefox? If so, perhaps there was a temporary problem connecting to
> their DoH server. At least, that could explain why firefox stopped
> working while other browsers did work.

I was not aware that this was a 'feature'! (Sorry for the sarcasm - - - its not
for 'you'.)
That would make sense then - - - haven't heard nothing yet from my ISP
and don't expect to. To me - - - quite obviously they don't know that much
and even better don't give a rip.

How would one test to see if that was the issue?

TIA