:: Re: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dro…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: sawbona
A: al3xu5 via Dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dropped sysvinit support
On 11 Oct 2023 at 17:54, al3xu5 via Dng wrote:

[... just the visible tip ... ]
> ... agree.

[ ... only way to survive what is going on ... ]
> ... agree.

Right.
Now convince the "Look Ma !!! I rolled my own [fill in]!!!" crowd.

> If I understand correctly ...

There is not much to understand.

It boils down to this:

The Linux ecosystem is under attack and that attack is pointed
directly at its heart: the init.

Why its heart?
Programs for Linux need/depend on the init to run.
Hijack the init (already done) and they are yours to do as you please
with them (work in progress).

That is exactly what Poettering did.
In *my* opinion, on behalf of MS.

No, no tin foil hat here.
Just (too) many years experience attempting to make a living off
IT/TS.

systemd is nothing but MS' registry in disguise.
As such, it is a cancer for Linux, a cancer (as the OP unwillingly
illustrated) that is slowly eating up the innards of the Linux
ecosystem.

Slowly but steadily, one application/program at a time.

> ... efforts should be oriented towards ...

The strengthening and improvement of 'one' init.

Not two, three or four ...

Just ONE bloody init.

And that 'one' should be the one that is being used in most
distributions.

But ...
Getting those in charge of the various Linux distributions to
actually agree on what, how and when to get that done is probably a
fool's errand.

> ... wouldn't know what to do ...

Someone better come up with an idea or Linux will eventually come to
be called MSLinux with a registry, obscure indecipherable logs,
undocumented actions and all the associated shit.

Ever had a look inside a MS registry file or (!) log?
Ever had to hack it to reverse the mangling of a desktop PC?

.