:: Re: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dro…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: sawbona
A: wirelessduck--- via Dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dropped sysvinit support

On 11 Oct 2023 at 7:24, Curtis Maurand wrote:

> ... worse than you describe.
> ... actually delete your sysv init script.

Is anyone surprised?
*Can* anyone be surprised?

Meaning: do you really think that this is just a *couldn't be
bothered* thing?

> ... software works fine without systemd.

Of course it does, for now ... (I use unbound)
Just wait for it to stop doing so.

> ... a little miffed with powerdns for that.

I'm too old for getting miffed.
A DH is a DH, no two ways about it.

This episode is just the visible tip of an ongoing trend directed at
cementing Poettering's abortion of nature firmly in the role of Linux
ecosystem's *only* viable init software.

Sooner than later, there will be little or no software to be run on
non-systemd Linux distributions and then it will be too late.

While all this is happening, Linux dev/maintainers etc. have
evidently not come to terms with that inescapable fact.

And *insist* on the idea of multiple options for Linux init software
instead uniting behind *one* in line with the basic Linux philosophy
we all know.

The only way to survive what is going on these days within the Linux
ecosystem is to pool *all* available resources to be able to resist
and have a chance at survival.

Just a chance, not guaranteed.

Like I have noted more than once: there are huge shitloads of moolah
behind this systemd putsch.

You *do* know where Poettering is working now, right?

"Linux is a cancer that attaches itself in an intellectual property
sense to everything it touches"
Ex Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer - Chicago Sun-Times - June 1, 2001.

.