:: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dropped…
Top Pagina
Auteur: wirelessduck
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] powerdns upstream has dropped sysvinit support
Just a quick heads up for anyone that may be using powerdns-recursor
(pdns-recursor) or other powerdns software. Upstream dropped sysvinit
support with the latest 4.9 release of pdns-recursor in their apt
repository https://repo.powerdns.com/ and is now systemd-only.
There's nothing technical stopping sysvinit support; they just
couldn't be bothered to keep a working init script.

https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/13343

I guess I should have seen this coming after it was dropped from the
debian packages a few years ago... :/

I've now migrated to unbound which thankfully still ships sysvinit support.

Tom