:: Re: [DNG] s6 in devuan
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] s6 in devuan
Hi

On 30/9/23 21:58, aitor wrote:
> I'm going to build an iso image with s6 soon.

The iso is available for download:

https://www.gnuinos.org/mirror/daedalus/s6%20(experimental)/

I didn't work on live-config yet, thus, if you want to give it a try you'll need to install the image.

Every long runservice is installed with a couple of directories: <service>-srv and <service>-log.
The earlier is what actually runs the daemon, whereas the latter catches the logs from it.

To stop an already running service (e.g. usbmount) you type:

# s6-svc -d /var/service/usbmount-srv

To start it:

# s6-svc -u /var/service/usbmount-srv

The command 'pidof' won't work because it's a sysvinit helper, but you can use 'pgrep' instead.
For example:

$ pgrep usbmountd

Other stuff like /etc/inittab, etc... related to sysvinit will be missing in the system.

On the other hand, you must pay attention to the names of your network devices; you might need
to change them in your '/etc/network/interfaces' if they don't match.

Cheers,

Aitor.