:: Re: [DNG] OpenVPN - routing things …
Author: Boian Bonev
To: Ralph Ronnquist, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] OpenVPN - routing things TO the OpenVPN server.
Hi,

Let's get practical and use the simplest way that I know ;)

Assume your server is X.X.X.X, openvpn is UDP (it is not a good idea to
use TCP, but that is a another topic) to port YYYY, your current
default gw is Z.Z.Z.Z and routing table 100 is unused:

ip ru add to X.X.X.X ipproto udp dport YYYY ta 100
ip r a default via Z.Z.Z.Z ta 100

Normaly VPN will add a route like X.X.X.X via Z.Z.Z.Z in your default
routing table, either disable the feature or delete the route.

HTH

With best regards,
b.