:: Re: [DNG] Where are the information…
Author: Dan Purgert
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Where are the informations of my wi-fi connection stored on Devuan 5 + network manager ?
On Oct 05, 2023, Mario Marietto via Dng wrote:
> Hello to everyone.
>
> I'm connected to the internet using the internal wi-fi chipset and
> driver (mwifiex_sdio)
> embedded by default inside my ARM Chromebook.
> [...]
>
> I've decided to attach a different wi-fi adapter via USB
> [...]
> Now,the point is : how can I "tell" Devuan 5 to use this adapter with its
> driver ?
> # ifconfig
>
> lo: flags=73<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING> mtu 65536
>
> mlan0: flags=4163<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
> [...]

It would appear that the machine is not enumerating your USB adapter as
a WLAN card (or did you just snip that detail out?). So first thing to
do is ensure you've got the correct realtek drivers built / loaded,
based on the internal Realtek chipset it's actually using. I didn't
happen to see that info in the dmesg output (just that it was some
802.11n card). It might show up in 'lsusb' though.

Note - as far as I am aware, most (all) of Realtek's drivers will
require a bit of compiling to get the dkms module(s). From the last
time I used a Realtek card, I think I got the driver from the 'lwfinger'
github repo.

--
|_|O|_|