:: [DNG] Running libvirt fails under r…
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Running libvirt fails under runit-init
I'm having trouble running virsh under runit-init.

It was working previously under sysvinit-core, but after I install
runit-init and reboot I can no longer access the hypervisor.

My user is a member of libvirt group.

$ virsh --connect qemu:///system list --all
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: internal error: Unable to get system bus connection: Could not
connect: No such file or directory

If I run the same command on a root shell under runit-init then it
works successfully.

# virsh --connect qemu:///system list --all
Id Name State

If I switch back to sysvinit-core then it also works successfully from
my user account shell.

Does anyone know what is going on here?

Tom