:: Re: [DNG] What wireless broadband s…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: onefang
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] What wireless broadband software to use on Devuan?
On 2023-09-19 12:45:03, dng@??? wrote:
> On 19-09-2023 11:31, Joril via Dng wrote:
> > On 19/09/23 10:49, dvalin@??? wrote:
> > >
> > > In a month or two I'll have to move from NBN wired broadband to
> > > 4G mobile broadband. That is totally unfamiliar territory, raising
> > > two critical questions:
> > >
> > > 1) Do I need to install a package to interface to the mobile broadband
> > >       dongle? (Plugged into a USB socket.)
> > >
> > > 2) Should I be particularly careful in choice of dongle, for it to work
> > >       with Devuan?
> >
> > I'd suggest going the "mobile wi-fi hotspot" ("MiFi") instead, if
> > possible. So you'd just have to connect to the hotspot via wi-fi, no
> > dongles or drivers involved :)
>
> Depending on the part of the world where you live and any further
> requirements you also can consider a Fritz!Box 6850 LTE from AVM (German)
>
> https://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-6850-lte/

The originsal poster has an Internode email address, and mentioned NBN,
so that means they are from Australia.

Typically NBN devices provide Ethernet, not heard of this USB dongle, but
I suspect it'll be presented to your computer as an Ethernet port.