:: Re: [DNG] Daedalus install issue
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Tim Wallace
À: dng@lists.dyne.org, Steve Litt
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Daedalus install issue
Nope, I bought a $260 ATI AMD FirePro W4100 2GB GDDR5 on the theory that ATI was better than nvidia's closed source driver.  It failed to work without video breaking up, and I spent hours trying everything (with a lot of help from this mailing list, check the archives) and it never worked.  Tried to send it back to Amazon but they wouldn't take it because I was 32 days and they only would take it 30 days.  Wrote a review of my experiences, but Amazon deleted it.
I gave it to my nephew a few months back as something he could test out on a windows machine he has having some video trouble with...
This was not a brand new card, it was an older one and everything was recognized fine, it just didn't work with any of the drivers/Xserver settings I tried.  Bought nvidia and no trouble!  Nouveau usually worked fine for me, except 4K video doesn't play without frame drop.  Never had trouble with the nvidia driver.

--Tim

    On Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 07:50:06 PM EDT, Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:

Tim Wallace via Dng said on Tue, 5 Sep 2023 01:27:07 +0000 (UTC)

>Rather than asking for help with nouveau,

                                  ^^^^^^^

>and installed the Nvidia driver,

                  ^^^^^^

Friends don't let friends use nvidia.