:: Re: [DNG] android transfer through …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Tim Wallace
À: dng@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: Re: [DNG] android transfer through mtp
jmtpfs worked for me 100% until I got a Pixel 7 pro.  It seems that it takes so much juice to charge this thing that my old desktop is right on the border of being able to do it.  Plugging it into USB usually results in the charge staying flat, or decreasing a few % per hour if I am using it!
Anyway, I usually *do not get the android menu indicating that the phone is connected to USB and I can authorize file transfer!*  If I plug it in and out a few times, I usually can get the menu to pop up and then things proceed normally.  Annoying, but perhaps if I bought a newer computer with more USB charge capability I wouldn't have this problem.  Sometimes rotating the connector seems to help, but I don't know why that would be true with this symmetric USB-C cable...

--Tim

    On Friday, September 8, 2023 at 11:31:33 AM EDT, al3xu5 via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

Thu, 7 Sep 2023 20:51:55 -0700 - Gregory Nowak via Dng <dng@???>:

> On Fri, Sep 08, 2023 at 10:38:46AM +1000, Ralph Ronnquist wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 07, 2023 at 07:07:49PM +0300, Klearchos-Angelos Gkountras via
> > Dng wrote:
> > > Hello guys ,
> > >
> > > I am using an Android device and I can't connect via usb
> > > to transfer some files . I am using devuan stable
> > >
> > > I have installed some applications like  `android-file-transfer`
> > > and work kinda fine ..
> > >
> > > But I have used to do the job done with thunar .
> > >
> > > is there something that I should install and working via thunar
> > >
> > > Thanks for your time and assistance .
> > > --
> >
> > At some point in time the package jmtpfs worked; provided a mount
> > point for mtp acces to my android handset.
>
> It still does for me, at least under Chimaera.

Do not for me, under Daedalus, with a Samsung S10.
Neither jmtpfs nor mpt-tools.
ADB works.

Regards
alexus

--
Property is theft! (P-J Proudhon) -- True today more than ever.