:: Re: [DNG] Daedalus problems: 1) boo…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Daedalus problems: 1) boot hangs, 2) /dev/cciss disappeared
Alessandro Vesely via Dng said on Tue, 5 Sep 2023 12:20:55 +0200

>Hi,
>
>I just upgraded to Daedalus an old server.
>
>Often, boot hangs. The last line displayed is something like "Freeing
>unused kernel memory (initmem)". I hit ctrl-alt-del and when I'm
>lucky the next time succeeds. I have no idea...

This is just a superstitious hunch, so take it as you will...

Back in the early/mid 1990's, when I was a windows wienie, I got this
kind of crap with certain mobos. A lot of times I could cure them by
setting certain things in the BIOS setup.

SteveT