:: Re: [DNG] Daedalus install issue
Author: Tim Wallace
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] Daedalus install issue
Tried upgrading my third system, another System76 laptop, this one with an extra nvidia graphics card as well as the build-in intel, so two options there, and the annoying System76 switcher which I haven't been able to get working with devuan.  Chimaera was able to drive the external monitor port, though, which is done perhaps through nouveau.
Yup, same thing happened as with my desktop server.  Xorg died with an exception, so no GUI.  Tried doing a full install on another partition, and same deal there.  Had to go to the nvidia driver on this machine as well to get it working!  That laptop has some kind of "mobile 1650" nvidia chip.  Seems like nouveau is failing badly in the netinstall daedalus  method...
Not planning on buying any more system76 equipment though until they offer some non-systemd option.
--Tim