:: Re: [DNG] Routing or maybe router i…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: crichmon
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Routing or maybe router issues
> Situation: have just moved to a new ISP - - - fiber optic direct to my
equipment so I'm finally done with the terrible speeds and worse support on
a fixed wired high speed (total misnomer) ISP.

OK, so what does the new service connect to? There must be some ISP box to
convert fiber to ethernet.
What all is hooked to the ISP's box? Does this ISP box have an interface of
some sort to check it's status?

> Router is an ASUS RTN12D1 running a variant of dd-wrt 3.0.0.4.380_8120 at

lan ip 192.168.1.9 .
Which side of the router is 192.128.1.9? The LAN port? What address is on
the WAN port?
What all hooks to the LAN port(s) on the router? What other networking
devices are on your LAN?

BTW, is an 'm/c' a machine? Naming devices what they are would help
describing your environment.
> (Really want to relegate this m/c to working only as a wireless AP!!
> Have been having DNS issues sporadically over the last couple weeks.

Are you sure it's DNS issues? How do you know?

> Usually taking a router power cycle AND me to reboot my main box so that

I could have web access again (wireless access would happen without system
reboot).)
What sort of "main box" do you have? It is unlikely you have to reboot it
because of network issues.
There are commands to drop and restart networking on Linux and for Windows,
if you are using DHCP, you can
also /release and /renew your address.

> Have an i5 m/c with OPNsense installed. Its telling me that its lan ip is

192.168.1.208.
This is separate from your main box? What do you have OPNsense configured
to do?
How many interfaces? Can you hook up a monitor and keyboard and configure
it locally
verses over the network?

> (I cannot ping this machine from my main box. Cannot get access using a

web portal either. Need to complete the configuration of this setup and
would like this to be my new router.)
> Have a NanoPiR4S (4GB version) with OpenWRT > . > installed but not

configured. Asus router says that its lap ip is 192.168.1.1 .
> (I cannot ping this machine from my main box. Cannot get access using Luci

either because I cannot complete the configuration of the machine.)
Same question; Can you hook up a monitor and keyboard and configure it
locally verses over the network?

> Wife's cell phone says its connected to the network but has not web

access.
> (Can see the m/c on the router - its ip address is 192.168.1.228. Can ping

this m/c from my main box but the times vary considerably.)
m/c is her phone in this case? It's connected to the router on WiFi?

> My cell phone is connected to the network and has web access.

Over WiFI or via the cell network?

> (Can see the m/c on the router - its ip address is 192.168.1.30. Can ping

this m/c from my main box and the times vary considerably
> (not as much as previous cell phone but her's is also further from the

router.)
Again, m/c is your cell phone? We have iPhones, and they can't be pinged or
pretty much anything on the lan.

> I only have one option for internet access so when I shut down the asus

router - - - no web - - - so I can't troubleshoot or access configuration
recipes.
That doesn't make sense. In your entire network using WiFi? If so, you
might have better luck running some
ethernet cables for a while until things are stable.

> So - - - - am I having all these issues because I have a number of router

class m/cs running all at the same time?
What is a "router class m/c"? What are they doing (if you don't mind
saying)?

> Is the asus router getting flakey?

Maybe, but you aren't providing any data to make that determination.

> (Is some software being stretched too far (dd-wrt)?) These issues are

about driving be crackers - -
> - - please anyone out there with experience and ideas (besides cables not

being plugged in - - - tried that too).
Try that again. It's really hard to work on network issues over a broken
network, so try the next easier things first.

Chris