:: Re: [DNG] vdev status update in dae…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: aitor
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] vdev status update in daedalus
Hi,

On 21/8/23 13:34, aitor wrote:
> With vdev, the loop terminates once the default timeout has expired (~ 25 sec for dbus connections).

It's exactly 25 seconds, defined in the lines nº 1924 - 1925:

 if (timeout_msec == -1)
    timeout_msec = 25 * 1000;

of dbusconnection.c:

https://github.com/GNOME/glib/blob/main/gio/gdbusconnection.c

> At this point, I have an idea... setting a custom callback for the case:
>
> GDBusConnection *connection -> method_name = "Mount"    [*]

The idea does work, at least for synchronous processes, which is the case of the `udisksctl mount/unmount` command.
Now I need to do something similar focused to asynchronous processes, which is the case of most of the existing file
managers. However, I consider this solution as a sporadic workaround until I've found the real origin of the issue.

Cheers,

Aitor.