:: Re: [DNG] Which qemu version is shi…
Página Inicial
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Which qemu version is shipped by default with devuan 3 ?
On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 08:22:20PM +0200, Mario Marietto via Dng wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have copied the following files :
>
> AAVMF32_CODE.fd
> bookworm_mini_armhf.iso
> FreeBSD.img
> AAVMF32_VARS.fd
> FreeBSD-13.2-RELEASE-arm-armv7-GENERICSD.img
>

> inside the directory /home/marietto/Dati/Si and I've configured the
> permissions of every file and directory with :
>
> chown marietto:marietto
>
> and
>
> chmod -R 777
>
> and then I've logged out from the ssh server and I have re entered with :
>
> ssh -Y marietto@192.168.1.6
>
> and I started the qemu script. Nothing,the error is still there.

(And, I assume that you also did "cd /home/marietto/Dati/Si" when you
entered that host so that "/home/marietto/Dati/Si:" was the current
working directory for the command shell wherein you run the qemu
command)

That error:
----
ERROR : qemu-system-arm: device requires 67108864 bytes, block backend
provides 35745792 bytes
----
most likely concerns the UEFI code or vars, which for me both are
67108864 bytes in size. I got mine by installing the qemu-efi-arm
package; maybe you got yours from elsewhere?

My suggestion is that you replace yours by installing qemu-efi-arm.
Possibty you will need to undo whatever that gave you those files
(i.e., /usr/share/AAVMF/AAVMF32_{CODE,VARS}.fd) first, and then
install qemu-efi-arm, plus copy them to the Dati/Si directory for
trying yet again.

regards,

Ralph.