:: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: tito
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] I understand why a lot of people don't help or report issues.
On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 15:34:11 -0400
Ken Dibble <ken@???> wrote:

> [...]
> >> Upgraded to kernel image 5.10.0-25 (5.10.179-5) from 5.10.0-23 (5.10.179-3).
> > In order to download the source of the kernel with apt, type:
> > $ apt-get source linux
> > and you'll get the most recent version in debian buster, that is:
> > - linux_5.10.179.orig.tar.gz
> > together with the debian tarball:
> > - linux_5.10.179-5.debian.tar.xz
> > The latter contains the `Changelog` detailing the differences between 5.10.179-5
> > and 5.10.179-3. Changes affecting the source are applied via quilt patches, in
> > a way that the source tarball remains constant (5.10.178) increasing the debian
> > branch instead (from 3 to 5).
> > HTH,
> > Aitor.
>

> In my universe that doesn't work, YMMV.
>
> kdibble@thinkstation:~/Downloads$ apt-get source linux
> Reading package lists... Done
> NOTICE: 'linux' packaging is maintained in the 'Git' version control
> system at:
> https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux.git
> Please use:
> git clone https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux.git
> to retrieve the latest (possibly unreleased) updates to the package.
> Need to get 139 MB of source archives.
> Get:1 http://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-backports/main linux
> 6.1.27-1~bpo11+1 (dsc) [310 kB]
> Get:2 http://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-backports/main linux
> 6.1.27-1~bpo11+1 (tar) [137 MB]
> Get:3 http://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-backports/main linux
> 6.1.27-1~bpo11+1 (diff) [1,460 kB]
> Fetched 139 MB in 7s (19.5 MB/s)

> The source for 6.1.27-1 isn't of any value to me.
>
> This is why I was specifying a version as  stated before.
>
> $apt-get source linux-image-unsigned-$(uname -r)
>
> E: Unable to find a source package for linux-image-unsigned-5.10.0-23-amd64
>
> $apt-get source linux-image-$(uname -r)
>
> E: Can not find version '5.10.179+3' of package
> 'linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64'
> E: Unable to find a source package for linux-signed-amd64
>
> None of the following work either
>
>  apt-get source linux-image-5.10.0-23
> Reading package lists... Done
> E: Unable to find a source package for linux-image-5.10.0-23
> kdibble@thinkstation:~/Downloads/src$ apt-get source
> linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64
> Reading package lists... Done
> Picking 'linux-signed-amd64' as source package instead of
> 'linux-image-5.10.0-23-amd64'
>
> I am not trying to be difficult, I was just  making the point that for
> all of the
>
> good intentions, things don't work the way people sometimes expect.
>
> I was able to get the changelog for 5.10.0-24.
>
> There are a bunch of usb changes that don't mean anything to me.
>
> In conclusion all I know is that it is nowhere easy to get the source
> for a specific kernel
>
> as one thinks and 5.10.0.24 broke all of my usb disk stuff, with the
> added bonus of
>
> random beeps on attempted access of usb disk drives prior to hanging the

Hi,
turn off the chimaera-backports repositories, run apt update and then:

apt-get source linux
Reading package lists... Done
NOTICE: 'linux' packaging is maintained in the 'Git' version control system at:
https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux.git
Please use:
git clone https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux.git
to retrieve the latest (possibly unreleased) updates to the package.
Need to get 124 MB of source archives.
Get:1 http://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security/main linux 5.10.179-5 (dsc) [197 kB]
Get:2 http://deb.devuan.org/merged chimaera-security/main linux 5.10.179-5 (tar) [122 MB]

Ciao,