:: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Manfred Wassmann
A: golinux
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] New goodies from systemd
On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 1:50 PM golinux <golinux@???> wrote:

> On 2023-07-29 18:26, Steve Litt wrote:
> >
> > I suggest we form a runit script committee and a sysvinit script
> > committee, each of which oversees a package of **all** init scripts.
> > When peoplepower allows, we can also form an s6 scripts committee,
> > which will work hand in hand with the runit scripts committee because
> > s6 and runit are so similar.
> >

> This idea was quite shocking and amusing at the same time . . .

ACK

> Devuan is not a bureaucracy. We are a "do-ocracy". We do not flap gums.
> We see a problem and find a way to fix it individually and/or
> collectively as appropriate. What we need are more hands on deck and
> less jawing. Would be delighted to have you on-board and leading the
> init script restoration project, Steve. :)

You can find quite a few qoutes concerning committees, some of which may be
inspirational here, like:

*A committee is a group that keeps minutes and loses hours.*
-- Milton Berle

*A committee should consist of three men, two of whom are absent.*
-- Herbert Beerbohm Tree

*If Columbus had an advisory committee he would probably still be at the
dock.*
-- Arthur Goldberg

*A camel is a horse designed by committee.*
-- Alec Issigonis