:: [DNG] init scripts
Pàgina inicial
Autor: o1bigtenor
A: Devuan ML
Assumpte: [DNG] init scripts
Greetings

I have been following the various threads re: init scripts with more
than some interest.

I'm running devuan daedalus using sysV inits.
Why - - - - cause I don't know what I'm doing so try to change as
little as I need to to get what I want working.
Sowent looking - - - - sysVinit is parked in Canonical's empire - - -
that's scary and then there is the 'nothing changed since 2015'. That
might mean that its an incredibly well crafted item ;that has had very
little need of any follow up changes. Given that there were a regular
series of changes in the three years leading up to 2015 - - - well - -
- somehow I'm not convinced as to the 'no need for change' paradigm.

(So to my question - - - )

I'm not adverse to change - - - - just don't want to bork up working
systems - - - how could I change my init system and secondly which
direction do I head?

(I know Steve likes one particular but others seem to lean in another
direction - - - - how do I choose and why (the why is imo the most
important part of the answer).)

Is there anything I as a very much neophyte programmer can do to help
in the maintenance and furtherance of init system choice - - - please
advise.

Regards