:: Re: [DNG] I offered to help
Página Inicial
Autor: wirelessduck
Para: Steve Litt, dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] I offered to help

> On 1 Aug 2023, at 01:49, Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
> Martin Steigerwald said on Mon, 31 Jul 2023 17:02:01 +0200
>
>> So in case you like to contribute, I suggest you subscribe to the
>> debian-init-diversity mailing list I already posted and/or contact the
>> maintainer of the runit-services package Lorenzo (as shown by "apt
>> show runit-services").
>
> Thanks Martin. You explained this beautifully, and it made sense. I
> just signed up for debian-init-diversity.
>
> Thanks,
>

> SteveT

Hi Steve

If you need any help testing your runit scripts I can help there. Will they be sent as merge requests to debian salsa? I don’t have an account there but it should be easy to create one if it’s not restricted access?

One thing I’m not entirely sure about is how runit logging would work with debian logrotate program. Does the runit logging handle its own rotation? Do daemons that log to syslog not need any runit logger?

I think someone else already mentioned the debian package maintainer scripts, postinst preinst postrm prerm etc. do they have anything to do with sysvinit and will they need any changes for runit?

Tom