:: Re: [DNG] Why it's vital to discuss…
Author: sawbona
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why it's vital to discuss it here (was Re: bookworm without systemd)
On 28 Jul 2023 at 15:42, Manfred Wassmann via Dng wrote:

> ... the most important point is that with his blog post Ian Jackson
> insinuates Devuan would be worthless and it's vital for Devuan to show
> he uses unfair and deceptive measures to achieve his goal.

Indeed ...

As I said early on in that thread:

------

... Devuan users should not lose sight of what is an important part
of the post, in my opinion the *most* significant one:

---
"I think the right question is 'why use Devuan'?"
---

What immediately came to mind when I read that line was one of the
oldest quotes in history:

"Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" *
>From Aneid by Virgil.

* Beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

------

Your analysis of our Debian insider's post/FUD is impeccable.

You seemingly being the *only* other person to notice what this guy
was up to, the rest going wildly off-topic.

Thanks for that.

JHM