:: Re: [DNG] Automate devuan install o…
Author: wirelessduck
To: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Automate devuan install on VMware vsphere

> On 28 Jul 2023, at 03:55, B Stack <bgstack15@???> wrote:
> Tom,
>
> I suspect the failure of the completed-installation VM to reboot is a
> problem with the Debian-style vm within libvirt. I suspect libvirt
> being a RH-based project doesn't do as much QA with debian-based
> guests. I haven't actually tested this with a proper Debian guest
> because if I am going to use systemd, I might as well use the parts
> from RH I enjoy (selinux). So I suggest that if you omit the
> "--noautoconsole" parameter, which will return to the prompt when the
> guest [shuts down], you can then just run `sudo virsh start testhost`
> as the next command.
>
> It's not perfect. Also it's been intermittent for me; sometimes it
> appears that a new guest will reboot, and sometimes it will just shut
> down. I wonder if nuances of how the netinstall iso is built affects
> it, or maybe temperament of libvirt on my host (CentOS 7).
>
> B.

Thanks for that. Probably won’t matter too much for me because kvm/libvirt was just a testing ground before I attempt to get this running in VMware with Hashicorp Packer.

I’ll also probably wait to do more testing on Devuan Daedalus when that is released. I’m not expecting to have to make any changes because I’m preset using the preseed template from Debian Bookworm and there wasn’t much diff between the Bullseye template.

Cheers,
Tom