:: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Author: capercally.bleery670
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
On Sun, Jul 23, 2023 at 11:01:14AM +0700, Alif Radhitya Wardana wrote:

> > > Sounds familiar? TANSTAAFL From time to time you have to make
> > > choices.

> > Most people have more tolerance than I have for context switches
> > and multiple context-dependent habits. For me, it is literally
> > impossible to use e.g. Gnome at $DAYJOB and then Xfce at home.

> Wow, if I may ask, why use two desktop environments as needed: GNOME
> for work and XFCE for home? Is it a different device?

Please don't top-post :P

Because Xfce is relatively easily ported to Devuan, and worked from
the start I think (i.e. already in Ascii), while Gnome depends on bits
of the systemd maze, only started working later (chimaera?), and it
looks likely it will have to be dropped again. Therefore, if I didn't
have to think about $DAYJOB, I would use Xfce only, but I have no
such choice.

--
Ian