:: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] bookworm without systemd
o1bigtenor - 23.07.23, 12:43:17 CEST:
> > Wayland works without Systemd.
>
> My question is - - - - does Wayland itself work?
>
> (I can't find anything that indicates that Wayland is multi-monitor
> friendly!!)

It basically worked here with two monitors.

I did have some issues last I tested it on my production laptop with
external monitor connected, but AFAIR they were not related to multi
monitor.

Wayland even supports different scaling factor on each monitor. X11 does
not. Not yet sure of how much use the setting is. On one hand it would
help to have fonts look same size on 14 inch Full HD laptop display and
24 inch Full HD external display. On the other hand windows would change
size when moving between screens I bet. I did not yet test this
functionality.

--
Martin