:: Re: [DNG] Automate devuan install o…
Author: B Stack
To: wirelessduck
CC: Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Automate devuan install on VMware vsphere
Hello Tom,

First things first: I've noticed that the netinstalls get out of date
rather quickly. I think just the package list or other components of
the installation are updated/removed on the network hosted side. You
should download the latest netinstall iso and see if that helps.

And now to the virt-install issues: I know at one point the Devuan
isos used different filenames for the linux and initrd.gz files. You
might have to inspect whichever iso file you are about to use, and
modify your urlfetcher.py to use the discovered filenames. The
--os-variant parameter does not seem to help the parsing of the
.disk/info file. I described my changes to the urlfetcher.py in the
aforementioned blog post from March 2020.

I tend to write at least yearly about the current preseed values I
use, but I can see I've not written since May 2021. I should correct
this!

B.