:: Re: [DNG] Debian: RH next target?
Author: Lars Noodén
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian: RH next target?
On 6/27/23 22:46, Steve Litt wrote:
> altoid via Dng said on Tue, 27 Jun 2023 06:43:16 -0300
>
>> And who does Poettering work for *today*, after systemd is firmly
>> enroached within the Linux ecosystem?
>
> I've never heard a word to better describe poettering, microsoft and
> redhat. They've enroached themselves, and now we need to get rid of
> them with roach bombs.
>
> Thanks for this great word. I'll be using it elsewhere.
>
> SteveT
>
> Steve Litt Autumn 2022 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
> http://www.troubleshooters.com/bookstore/thrive.htm

Along those lines, the proprietary file formats which microsoft uses in
its applications are like a roach motel for your data.

And it's even worse with their proprietary service as a software
substitute (cloud) where they control access even to the file itself.

Think how work flows could change if there were a universal file format
for productivity software¹ which was independent of any one vendor,
agency, or project.

/Lars

¹ ISO/IEC 26300: http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/