:: Re: [DNG] Debian: RH next target?
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Debian: RH next target?
Mark Rousell said on Mon, 26 Jun 2023 18:51:18 +0100

>On 26/06/2023 12:05, mett wrote:
>> I think it shows us what to
>> expect for Debian in a few
>> years.
>
>The motivation for IBMHat to do this is obvious (self-damaging though
>it may well be in the longer run). But I can't see any motivation for
>Debian to do similar.

I didn't see any motivation for Debian's kangaroo court replacement of
sysvinit with systemd, but they did that eagerly. The people involved
seemed very motivated, and it makes me wonder.

>( Unless, in a similar manner to how Red Hat acquired the CentOS
>project, Debian is somehow acquired by a corporation through hiring of
>the people, i.e. an 'acquihire' ).

I once was very close to a $35,000 contract to teach troubleshooting to
a very large company's employees. Then an older and more established
training company offered the large company's troubleshooting training
project manager a cert in their methodology. The guy wouldn't speak to
me after that.

SteveT

Steve Litt