:: Re: [DNG] Devuan armhf / armel for …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Mario Marietto
À: Didier Kryn, dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Devuan armhf / armel for my Samsung / Google Chromebook model XE303C12 "Snow" ?
---> The principle is that the executable downlaoded by the first stage of
debootstrap is not executable by the x86, but by the armhf.

it does not work like this if qemu-debootstrap is used. I've posted two
tutorials that show that it works like this. Even me,after the first stage
of the bootstrapping,I configure the rest of the os (armhf) directly on my
PC x64 bit. There is even no need for a second stage. What I don't
understand is why the chimaera version removed qemu-debootstrap and it
forces users to have an arm board to finish the setup. It does not even try
to run debootstrap. On the screen I see that the executable bootstrap is
executed,instead. But,on the previous version of devuan,called beowulf it
works exactly like I have explained. It does the first stage and the second
stage on the X64 pc running the command qemu-debootstrap and not the
command bootstrap.