:: Re: [DNG] Devuan armhf / armel for …
Top Pagina
Auteur: Didier Kryn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan armhf / armel for my Samsung / Google Chromebook model XE303C12 "Snow" ?
Le 20/06/2023 à 16:52, Mario Marietto via Dng a écrit :
> I'm going to install devuan chimera on my PC (cpu intel I9,64 bit).
> Later I want to debootstrap the correct version of devuan for arm-hf /
> armel. Can you tell me if this command will work when I will be
> running devuan ? thanks. I prefer to discover things by doing most of
> the time than by reading from a lot of confused sources,if the topic
> is very technical. Please understand me.
>
> debootstrap --arch armhf chimaera /mnt http://deb.devuan.org/merged/
> chimaera

    IIUC you are trying to install Debian/Devuan on a disk meant to be
used to boot your arm cpu, and you are doing this on an x86-64 (amd64 in
Debian parlance). This is one of the good feature of debootstap, but it
needs some expertise.

    debootstrap is made of two stages:

    1) download and unpack critical executable binaries which are
needed to "bootstrap" the installation

    2) execute these binaries, which will actually "apt-get install" a
minimal system.

    What you are doing is trying to perform the two stages.It will fail
because these executable are meant to be executed by an arm cpu, not by
the x86-64.

    What you need to do is to execute the two steps separately:

    1) on your intel x86-64, execute the 1st step only with the
following command (don't ommit the --foreign):

    debootstrap --foreign --arch armhf chimaera /mnt
http://deb.devuan.org/merged/ chimaera

    2) Mount the disk on the arm machine and, from there, execute:

    sudo chroot /mnt debootstrap --second-stage

    Maybe it is /mnt/bin/debootstrap. Check the path before. After
that, you should have a usable minimal userland on this disk and you
might chroot /bin/sh, and, from there, apt-get more stuff, like bash,
which is much more comfortable than dash for interactive use. Installing
and booting a kernel is another story.

    Hope it helps.

--     Didier