:: Re: [devuan-dev] various init scrip…
Author: onefang
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] various init scripts for applications missing them
On 2023-06-19 05:03:48, Jaromil wrote:
> Ahoy! siduck mentioned there are collections of init scripts maintained in other init freedom distros:
> "
> artix uses runit scripts from void linux, s6 scripts from obarun linux, openrc scripts from gentoo
> "
>
> this is interesting to have in devuan where, for instance, psql misses the init script when using sysvinit
>
> I am looking for your opinion here: should we have packages for such init scripts added in devuan, for instance sysvinit-rc-scripts and openrc-rc-scripts and runit-rc-scripts ?

You mean like the orphan-sysvinit-scripts package that we have already?

"Orphaned System-V-like init scripts

This package provides System-V init scripts for packages whose maintainers
have chosen to drop them from the distribution in favour of only supplying
a systemd service file.

It will only put files into /etc/init.d/ when the relevant package is
installed on your system."

Good idea, and we need more such scripts added.