:: Re: [DNG] [OT} Cloning in movies (w…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Syeed Ali
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] [OT} Cloning in movies (was: AI as a precursor to asking intermediate questions)
On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 22:40:40 +0200
Antony Stone <Antony.Stone@???> wrote:

> Which ones should I avoid, in order to be as least inefficient as
> possible about this?

Unfortunately I can't narrow it down other than saying "science fiction"
since that's the closest genre. I have something coming up on 350
science fiction movies under my belt, and I'm sorry but I've never
thought to note cloning (or multiple-selves) as a movie feature.

There is the obvious biological cloning but there are movies where a
character learns it's a copy of a brain pattern in an android. Hendrik
is right in that for almost all these movies the clone twist is meant
as a revelation for the viewer to think about the nature of self.
Giving a list of titles would ruin a viewer's innocence.

I did some digging, and if you'd like I can recommend/spoil a movie or
two for you. :)