:: [DNG] Request for information - - r…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Devuan ML
Subject: [DNG] Request for information - - re: networking - - round 2
Greetings

I asked the first round question a few days ago and
have received a whole pile of interesting information.
(Seem to have spawned some other things too - - - lol.)

Round 2 - - - the assumption has been that this is about
linking actual systems together.

I am going to ellide a number of different rounds of
development to show how what I am trying to do is different
than linking full sided computers together. (When I go
looking for information on sensor networks and industrial
control the contemporary 'gotta do it this way' seems to be
100% focused on wireless - - - when there is an electrically
noisy environment - - - why? - - - its hard enough shielding
cables never mind reading wireless information accurately
AND well when you have pumps with vfds and other motors
all contributing to electrical noise.)

(Ideas are presented as if they were linear in function - - - not true!)
So one 'work point' - - -
1. identification module
2. process oversight
2a. vacuum level
2b. pulsation control
2c. production results
2d. production results monitoring
2e. production results monitoring - - process shutdown
3.  area cleaning
4. production direction (2 options then there is also a rinse function)
5. area post clean
6. #3 and 5 are also movement functions
7. initial process is with manual application
7a. future moving to process with automated application
7b. assessment (camera locate)
7c. attachment (multipoint)
7d. maintain attachment
7e. upon process completion a mod of 2e
      needs changing as tools are different somewhat between manual
application and automated
8. In process results analysis
9. control if needed (assessments built into process) of direction
after process completion

- - - - so some of these steps are microcontroller operated, some are
SoC controlled, some may even be SoC controlling a group of
microcontrollers. What makes all this quite a bit more challenging is
that I need to be able to maintain a IP65 (clean/protection level) if
not IP66.

So - - - - these individual points are NOT complete computer systems -
- - there may only be a signal - - - ie start and then the
microcontroller is giving information back - - - often that will be
just 'done' sometimes a function happens on some kind of basis (this
sensor is read every xx period of time). Reliability is very very
important - - - like 99% is far too low - - - why - - - because
intervention needed causes a LOT of problems!!

This is sorta like a SCADA system running robots (lots) where some of
those robots are running other robots.

This is what the network is for - - - for oversight control and assessment.

Can I use a 192.168.0.0/16 network to run something like this?

TIA