:: Re: [DNG] Request for information -…
Author: jeremy ardley
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Request for information - - re: networking

On 5/6/23 09:48, o1bigtenor via Dng wrote:
> This is where ipv6 would be useful but its going to be a while before
> my isps are getting there - - - my guess is at least a couple years if
> not longer!

Your ISP doesn't handle the 192.168, 10.0 etc ranges either
If you go IPv6 internally you have the same problem but the same
solution of a NAT at your firewall/router/

In all cases you have the problem of internal DNS so you will have to
factor that into the design. This could actually be a benefit as you can
configure a DHCP server to send out fixed IP based on MAC address and
have that fixed IP mapped in an associated DNS server.

Jeremy