:: [DNG] Asterisk will not be in Daeda…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Asterisk will not be in Daedalus :(
Hi.

I just found out from the Asterisk mailing list this morning that the Asterisk
package has been dropped from Bookworm, due to be released on 10th June, which
therefore means it will not be in Devuan Daedalus.

As you can see towards the end of that "bug report", I've asked about the
reasons for this decision, and whether volunteers could help to keep Asterisk
in a future version of Debian Stable.

I'm going to follow up with Jonas Smedegaard to find out what sort of
assistance he would require, but I'm reporting the dialogue here to ask
whether anyone else on this list is interested in helping to keep Asterisk in
Debian / Devuan (as his reply says, in backports, if nothing else, for the
time being).

I personally am far happier to install packages from backports than I am from
unstable on a Devuan machine.

So, is anyone else here interested in finding out what would be required to
help keep Asterisk alive as a Debian / Devuan package?

Antony.

--
It may not seem obvious, but (6 x 5 + 5) x 5 - 55 equals 5!

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.