:: Re: [DNG] Remove unnecessary gcc pa…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: Devuan
Subject: Re: [DNG] Remove unnecessary gcc packages
On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 10:04:23AM -0400, Ismael L. Donis Garcia wrote:
> root@clt-iyc-03:~# apt autoremove $(deborphan)
> Leyendo lista de paquetes... Hecho
> Creando árbol de dependencias... Hecho
> Leyendo la información de estado... Hecho
> Los siguientes paquetes se ELIMINARÁN:
> accountsservice albatross-gtk-theme apg avahi-utils bamfdaemon
> blackbird-gtk-theme bluebird-gtk-theme blueman bluez-obexd bolt caja
> caja-admin caja-common caja-eiciel caja-extensions-common caja-gtkhash
> caja-image-converter caja-open-terminal caja-rename caja-seahorse

> sonnet-plugins switcheroo-control synaptic system-config-printer
> system-config-printer-common system-config-printer-udev
> system-tools-backends systemsettings tpm-udev udisks2 upower usb-modeswitch
> usb-modeswitch-data usbmuxd vbetool webp-pixbuf-loader
> 0 actualizados, 0 nuevos se instalarán, 508 para eliminar y 2 no
> actualizados.
> Se liberarán 1257 MB después de esta operación.
> ¿Desea continuar? [S/n]
>

> The list to delete is huge.

Yes, that does look a little extreme.

You could try using aptitude interactively.
Ask it to delete *one* of the gcc packages.
Don't tell it to go ahead,
    but instead look at the other packages it proposes to delete.
If you think that's too much, back out.

There's probably a noninteractive way to do this, too.

-- hendrik