:: Re: [DNG] Remove unnecessary gcc pa…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Remove unnecessary gcc packages
On Monday 15 May 2023 at 21:26:51, Ismael L. Donis Garcia wrote:

> I wanted to remove some packages that I think I should not be using, for
> example from gcc I have the following versions installed
> gcc-4.8-base
> gcc-4.9-base
> gcc-6-base
> gcc-8-base
> gcc-9-base
> gcc-10-base
> gcc-11-base
> gcc-12-base
>
> I don't know if some of them can be eliminated without this causing me some
> problem.
>
> What would you recommend?

I would recommend using "aptitude why package", substituting in place of
"package" the name of the package which you want to understand whether there's
a good reason for having it installed.

Antony.

--
Why are sea-faring brigands unable to calculate the circumference of a circle?
Because they guess the value of Pi.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.