:: Re: [DNG] upgrade of abonded Devuan…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] upgrade of abonded Devuan Jessie
On Friday 05 May 2023 at 14:52:06, Steve Litt wrote:

> Bruce Perens via Dng said on Thu, 4 May 2023 10:48:46 -0700
>
> >I won't ask how you got into this situation :-)
> >
> >I have a remote site 5 hours drive from my home with no remote hands.
> >I use PiKVM. See https://pikvm.org/
>
> I don't understand what I'm seeing on https://pikvm.org/ . What's it
> supposed to do? Is it supposed to work in tandem with a more powerful
> computer, or is it standalone?

It is a network-connected Keyboard-Video-Mouse device, made with a Raspberry
Pi.

In other words, no matter what state some other computer is in (turned off,
running fine, stuck at a Grub prompt, stuck in the Bios with "Keyboard error,
press F1 to continue", or whatever), then if you have one of these connected
to it, this thing has power and an Internet connection, you can then work on
the other machine as though you were sitting in front of it with a keyboard
and a screen.

Antony.

--
I have an excellent memory.
I can't think of a single thing I've forgotten.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.