:: Re: [DNG] How to enable cgroup v2
Author: sawbona
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] How to enable cgroup v2
Hello:

On 3 May 2023 at 12:29, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:

> I´m trying to install alloydb Omni ...
> ... one of the requirements is cgroup v2.
> https://cloud.google.com/alloydb/docs/omni/install

>From the provided link:

----

This page shows how to download and install AlloyDB Omni into your
own Linux-based computing environment.

Before you begin

Before you install AlloyDB Omni, ensure you meet the following system requirements:

    A virtual or physical machine running a Debian-based OS, such as
    Debian or Ubuntu, or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version 8 or
    higher.

--- snip ---

----

-> Debian-based OS => uses systemd
-> Devuan-based OS => does not use systemd

Therein lies the *basic* difference: that systemd seems to be a
requisite.

Best,

A.