:: Re: [DNG] Mount options
Author: capercally.bleery670
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Mount options
On Tue, May 02, 2023 at 10:27:17AM -0400, Ken Dibble wrote:

> Why doesn't mount option nfs not imply _netdev? It seems like newcomers to
> nfs have been fighting umount hanging on reboot and shutdown for over a
> decade if the_netdev option is not specified on a nfs filesystem declared in
> fstab.  Someone as simple as me would think that NETWORK file system would
> imply _netdev.

I remember running into this, I think it was in the context of *Debian* .

I don't remember if I in fact filed a bug.

I half remember there was some kind of maintainer interaction nonetheless,
and I got some kind of reason why _netdev didn't apply.

Nowadays I avoid all kind of network filesystem completely. It's sad, but
none of the free options ever got it right, IMO.

--
Ian