:: Re: [DNG] /etc/boot.d and boot star…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Jackson
A: Dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] /etc/boot.d and boot startup scripts

On Tue, 18 Apr 2023, onefang wrote:

> On 2023-04-18 13:12:29, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get a `docker compose` to run on system startup so I
> > thought I could add the shell script that runs `docker compose up -d`
> > into /etc/rc.local. Is that the recommended place to put this sort of
> > thing? My system is running sysvinit on Devuan chimaera.
> >
> > I also saw in /etc/rc.local that it contains a reference to
> > /etc/boot.d which I can't find anywhere on my system. Is /etc/boot.d
> > a better option for this? I can see that it's using a tool called
> > run-parts that I have no experience with.
> >
> > Is there any documentation anywhere on using /etc/boot.d? I couldn't
> > find any references on internet searches.
>
> /etc/boot.d is a directory you can create and fill with shell scripts.
> If it doesn't exist, /etc/rc.local ignores it. So it's a good place to
> put your extra stuff you want to run at that time during boot.
>
> Mine has numbered scripts, so it runs them in that order I think. I
> can't recall where the docs for it are.

The scripts in the xxxx.d directory are usually run by run-parts
thetre is a man page for run-parts

By default the scripts in the directory have names entirely of ASCII upper-
and lower-case letters, ASCII digits, ASCII underscores, and ASCII
minus-hyphens and be executable. That means e.g. one can disable a "script"
by renaming "script".off or by simple removing the executable bits in the
permissions.

run-parts is used extensively by debian and all its derivatives.