:: Re: [DNG] upowerd - why does it run…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Jackson
A: Dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] upowerd - why does it run on a desktop

?> > > > for f in `apt-cache rdepends upower | grep -v upower | grep -v
Reverse `;

> > > The important ones are
> > >
> > > ii  lxqt-powermanagement 0.16.0-1     amd64        power management module for LXQt
> > > ii  lightdm        1.26.0-7+devuan3 amd64        simple display manager

> > > I use a simple setup of lightdm, openbox and lxpanel
> >
> > I'm using lxdm, openbox, and lxpanel on Chimaera. upower isn't
> > installed, nor lxqt-powermanagement. I turn off the automatic install of
> > recommends.
>
> cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/40nosuggestrecommends # any name will do
>
> Apt::Install-Suggests false;
> Apt::Install-Recommends false;

cat /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/01norecommend

APT::Install-Recommends "0";
APT::Install-Suggests "0";

When I run a simulatated purge of lxqt-powermanagement it says ...

apt-get -s purge lxqt-powermanagement
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
required:

....snip BIG list ....

Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
lxqt* lxqt-powermanagement* task-lxqt-desktop*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 119 not upgraded.
Purg task-lxqt-desktop [3.68+devuan4u1]
Purg lxqt [30]
Purg lxqt-powermanagement [0.16.0-1]

Looking at the packages, lxqt depends on lxqt-powermanagement and
lxqt-powermanagement depends on upower

Anyway I made the /usr/libexec/upowerd non-executable, so it dbus can't
start it up. All I seem to notice is dbus complaining in the syslog about
not being able to start it.

As I never hibernate or suspend - I just powerup and powerdown - this still
all works.

Thanks the various helpful pointers/comments along the way.