:: Re: [DNG] /etc/boot.d and boot star…
Top Pagina
Auteur: onefang
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] /etc/boot.d and boot startup scripts
On 2023-04-18 13:12:29, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get a `docker compose` to run on system startup so I
> thought I could add the shell script that runs `docker compose up -d`
> into /etc/rc.local. Is that the recommended place to put this sort of
> thing? My system is running sysvinit on Devuan chimaera.
>
> I also saw in /etc/rc.local that it contains a reference to
> /etc/boot.d which I can't find anywhere on my system. Is /etc/boot.d
> a better option for this? I can see that it's using a tool called
> run-parts that I have no experience with.
>
> Is there any documentation anywhere on using /etc/boot.d? I couldn't
> find any references on internet searches.

/etc/boot.d is a directory you can create and fill with shell scripts.
If it doesn't exist, /etc/rc.local ignores it. So it's a good place to
put your extra stuff you want to run at that time during boot.

Mine has numbered scripts, so it runs them in that order I think. I
can't recall where the docs for it are.