:: [DNG] /etc/boot.d and boot startup …
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] /etc/boot.d and boot startup scripts
Hi,

I'm trying to get a `docker compose` to run on system startup so I
thought I could add the shell script that runs `docker compose up -d`
into /etc/rc.local. Is that the recommended place to put this sort of
thing? My system is running sysvinit on Devuan chimaera.

I also saw in /etc/rc.local that it contains a reference to
/etc/boot.d which I can't find anywhere on my system. Is /etc/boot.d
a better option for this? I can see that it's using a tool called
run-parts that I have no experience with.

Is there any documentation anywhere on using /etc/boot.d? I couldn't
find any references on internet searches.

Tom