:: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to linux p…
Author: Haines Brown
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Connect Mac laptop to linux printer
I'm trying to get a MacPro Air to print to a Hp LaserJet wifi
printer that is used by my Linux machine

I thought I knew what I was doing, but I get a misconfiguration
error. The information I provide about my Linux machine is apparently
incorrect.

I go to the Mac Printer Setup and Add a printer. In the parameters
I provide select IP printing, Internet Printing Protocol.

I get my printer's IP address (obfuscated) with

    $ curl -s https://icanhazip.com
    32.210.NNN.NNN

For printer queue I do

    $ ippfind
        ipp://lenin.local:631/printers/HP_LaserJet_Pro_M428f-M429f
        ipp://HPF8B46A8264A8.local:631/ipp/print
        ipp://lenin.local:631/printers/HP_LaserJet_Pro_M428f_M429f_8264A8

I presumed the second line is the printer queue I should tell the Mac
about. I also used the ipp:// prefix.

--

     Haines Brown
 /"\