:: Re: [DNG] Lightweight computing dis…
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Lightweight computing discussion tonight, 4/5/2023
On 2023-04-06 11:37:36, Edward Bartolo via Dng wrote:
> Browsers are large and bloated for supporting so many different
> functionalities. One of them, that unfortunately, but fortunately for
> business and advertising, is the widespread use of script. Rather than
> browsers, they should be called script interpreters or something
> similar. Websites have become more and more script dependent and that
> is heavy on resources, most importantly, on computing power.
>
> The real headache is businesses want advertising and making the
> running of script mandatory for their websites forces users to turn on
> script. At least, this is true for those particular websites.
>
> The reality is: if you are still studying and are a student, I am not,
> you are at a complete loss and disadvantage if you disable script for
> your browser.
>
> These are my 2c.

I'm having to move house by the end of this month, but every one wants me
to apply through shitty websites. First I had to turn off all my
protections for them to even work. Now I've been waiting almost an hour
for one simple form to be submitted. 16 minutes ago I tried logging in
with a different browser, still waiting for it to actually log in. Now
I'm waiting for two different browsers to log in.

The form didn't allow copy paste into fields. Click on a drop down menu,
wait a minute while they confer with the other dozen websites on the
page, THEN I get to choose the correct option.