:: Re: [DNG] Another Tentacle
Author: onefang
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Another Tentacle
On 2023-04-04 14:00:28, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 04, 2023 at 08:45:34PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Syeed Ali <syeedali@???> writes:

> > > My screen locker of preference is slock:
> > >
> > > https://tools.suckless.org/slock/
> > >
> > > Mind you it only locks the screen. If you mean the more artistic
> > > version of a screen locker (with pictures or animations), then
> > > /shrug
> >
> > Love its bare bones approach.
> >
> > All you get is a black screen after locking.
>
> It might be good to have soething on the screen so it doesn't look like the computer is off, which might occasion an erroneous use of the physical on/off button.
> Perhaps just a different, not-too-bright colour?

I prefer "lock screen AND power off monitors automatically" so there's
two less things glowing in my bedroom while I fail to sleep.

Then "power on moniters automatically and present a login prompt" when I
wave my mouse around.

Last time I mentioned xscreensaver-systemd here I did try various other
screen lockers, none of them provided those things I want.