:: Re: [maemo-leste] Nokia N900 voice …
Author: Pavel Machek
To: Merlijn Wajer
CC: maemo-leste, Sicelo A . Mhlongo
Subject: Re: [maemo-leste] Nokia N900 voice calls
Hi!

> > :-). I made a tool to switch between 4.1 and 4.3V and display
> > estimated charge. It is at
> >
> > https://github.com/pavelmachek/unicsy_demo/blob/master/bat/batman
>
> Sounds good, I think freemangordon is also making some progress on battery
> related code recently.

Yes, the code to stop charging and power phone from charger makes real
difference to me. (My charger produces high-pitched sound when phone
is not drawing any current, which is quite annoying).

> > > Anyway, I remember you had another path working, do you have some details on
> > > it?
> >
> > I have this: Also not sure if it is useful...
> >
> > https://gitlab.com/libcmtspeechdata/libcmtspeechdata
>
> We have this packaged on Chimaera: https://maedevu.maemo.org/pkgweb/chimaera/main/binary-armhf/libcmtspeechdata.html
>
> I tried to run cmt_alsa and I can hear my Fremantle N900 on the n900 speaker
> it seems, but I could not hear my leste n900 on my fremantle n900 - there
> were a lot of errors though. This could perhaps just be related to the N900
> audio setup (I was also surprised it went to speakers rather than earpiece).
> [1]

There's pa_test --
https://gitlab.com/libcmtspeechdata/libcmtspeechdata/-/blob/master/pa_test.c
-- you really should try to get that to work, first. It needs to have
reasonably low latency.

Getting audio in any one direction is quite easy, as is getting audio
in both directions with horrible latency :-).

But these could be new...

> SSI_CONFIG_REQ.
> ERROR: CMTSPEECH: backend_common: ERROR: sending cmd NEW_TIMING_CONFIG_REQ
> failed, res -1

> could not fill incoming buffer
> cc write failed: Bad file descriptor

Best regards,
                                    Pavel

--
People of Russia, stop Putin before his war on Ukraine escalates.