:: [devuan-dev] bug#746: Killed when s…
Author: Klaus Ethgen
To: Mark Hindley
CC: 746
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#746: Killed when starting modale dialog like pinentry

Debian Multimedia... http://www.deb-multimedia.org/

> Can you reproduce this on a vanilla Devuan installation?

I don't have ones.. But the packages are für multimedia stuff.

> Also, I don't even see an xorg crash in the logs you sent -- it ends with
> successful exit. However, bb|hcb suggested on irc:

I also seen that. And that is what me makes to wonder.

> <bb|hcb> I am just guessing - if the first X client exits - maybe the problem
> is that there is no initial always on app started?

No. That is not the case. My X sessions are often long running and in
case of the laptop also over many suspends. I often start and end
programs. Mostly xterm, zathura, firefox, Lehreroffice, minetest,
geeqie, ... (you see, many stuff)

Only some dialogs kill X. I found the pinentry-qt and the new folder
dialog of geeqie for now.

Regards
   Klaus
--